TRETHORNE GOLF CLUB
Minutes of Committee Meeting held on
Monday 4th November 2013
PRESENT M Brooks, J Gardner J Austin, P Cobb, R Cobb, M Vanstone, S Saunders, J Brooks
APOLOGIES J Grainger, S Schofield, C Eyles
Meeting Started at 1910hrs.
Acceptance Minutes of Committee Meeting 2nd September 2013
Paul Cobb is not a member of the Handicap Committee as stated in last month’s minutes.
• The height of cut has come up again to 5.5mm
• They are all being cut every other day due to the temps/growth
• All greens are being hollow tined with a 12mm tine down to the depth of 7 inches, normally we use a 8mm but due to this wet period I have decided to go larger, also the winter weather is pointing at a wet winter.
• All greens are about to have a granular fed put down as to carry them over the winter period, this feed is mainly for the plant roots.
• All tees devoted with pure dwarf rye for drought tolerance and play
• Still being cut twice a week at the moment a winter 4 month slow release granular feed as about to be applied
• Verti drained down to 7 inches in depth
• 2 days on the fairways
• Rough as and when we can cut it
• Stri environmental awards down to the last 24 from 2500 UK golf clubs
• Winter management plan will come in to effect from the 11th November
• Winter rules have come in to play earlier due to the weather
• 10 inches of rain fell in October
• Winter ropes out on the course
• Winter tee blocks have been put out as well
On Sunday 6th October we had the Printers Trophy which was won by Jason King with a net 71.
We had our 1st round of the Wills Salver on Sunday 13th October against Clowance which we won 3-2.
We played our 1st round of the Cornwall Bowl on Saturday the 19th October also against Clowance and had a great win 5-0.
Unfortunately we lost the 2nd round of the Wills Salver against Llanhydrock 3 ½-1 ½ which was played on Sunday 3rd November.
Looking forward to the 2nd round of the Cornwall Bowl on Sunday 10th November against St Enodoc.
SENIOR CAPTAINS REPORT
There were two friendly fixtures in October a home match against Borringdon which we won 5 to 1, and an away match against Bowood which we cancelled due to not having enough players available.
The monthly medal was won by Jan Altenburg with 40 points the runner up was Steve Saunders with 38 points.
A charity day was held on 29th October this was won by Steve Barnett with 39 points closely followed by Mike Vanstone with 38 points. £54 was raised for the air ambulance.
The AGM was held on the 31/10/2013 with 27 members in attendance, the committee was re-elected with the addition of John Hopkins as vice-captain for 2014