PRESENT: M Brooks, J Gardner J Austin, P Cobb, R Cobb, C Eyles J Grainger, S Schofield, M Vanstone
APOLOGIES: S Saunders J Brooks
Meeting Started at 1900hrs.
Acceptance Minutes of Committee Meeting 2nd September 2013
• Honor’s boards were discussed. MB pointed out there were 3 boards that are spare/empty. It was suggested that possibly 2 competitions per board as opposed to 3, or utilize spare space for hole in one , Player of the year, Club Person of the year, Trethorne roll of honors or leave some empty space for future new competitions. No decision reached.
• J Gardner confirmed that Lee Saxon, Paul Cobb and Paul Lakey will form the basis of the Handicap Committee from next April if and when James steps down. Lee Saxon is keen to take on the role of Handicap Secretary.
• Justin Austin completed all tasks from previous minutes.
- Over 30 tonnes of pure sand top dressing has been applied
- Over seeding the greens with pure bent to promote a fuller canopy going into the winter
- All greens spiked 3 times in the last month
- Verti cut twice in the last month
- All greens have had a organic liquid feed of Farmura
- All tees devoted with pure dawfrye for drought tolerance and play
- 12 tonnes of dressing has been applied to all tees
- Verti drained down to 7 inches in depth
- 2 days on the fairways
- 5 days on the rough
- Stri environmental awards down to the last 24 from 2500 UK golf clubs
- Winter management plan put to the club
SENIOR CAPTAINS REPORT
- September was a bad month for the senior’s team losing all 3 matches, away to Truro 6-2, away to Porthpean 7-1 and at home to Lostwithiel 3.5-4.5
- The monthly medal had only 1 card returned, after a rain storm, it was a good one, a net 67 from Steve Barnett.
- The monthly eclectic was won by Tony Wood with a magnificent 44 points, David Orriss was runner up with 41 points.
- The Ladies eclectic was won by Heather Saxon 38 points closely followed by Rosemary Cobb on 37 points.
- Graham Hodge won the match play league with a game to spare.
HANDICAP SECRETARYS REPORT
- James Gardner commented that there are a number of players in danger of becoming inactive as they have not submitted enough qualifying cards this year to date. Email to be sent to all members as a reminder how to enter qualifying cards.
- James Gardner commented that some members are still not completing their cards correctly and much time is wasted retrospectively trying to find out missed information. He will communicate this to members in the above email.
- All Captains agreed to communicate competition results and a brief write up Steve Saunders who will forward it to Graham Evans for inclusion in local press.
- Committee agreed to pay 50% of invoice to repair shoe compressor
- Winter rules from 1st November
- Committee agreed to pay for Ladies and Handicap Noticeboards to be displayed in main reception
- Further guidance to be displayed for visitors regarding dress code on the golf course. If any members do see any player contravening the standard dress code (ie , no golf shoes, tee shirts, jeane ect) please inform reception
- New Winter Open Competitions have been introduced for the last Friday of every month commencing in October, Members only £7 per player inc breakfast and prizes. Full support welcome
- Becky Carnan is leaving the club to purse her career elsewhere. Jon Grainger would like to thank Becky for all her hard work and wish her good luck for the future.
Finished at 20.30hrs
Next meeting Monday 4th November 2013