PRESENT: M Brooks, J Brooks, S Saunders, J Gardner, S Schofield, P Cobb, P Lakey, R Cobb, M Vanstone, C Eyles.
APOLOGIES: J Grainger, J Austin.
Meeting Started at 1900hrs.
Acceptance Minutes of Committee Meeting 3rd June 2013
We played the Peter Peter on the 8th June. The winner was K Woolley with 41 points, 2nd place was J Howes with 35 points on count back and in 3rd place was Paul Lakey with 35 points.
We had our committee day on Sunday 30th June. A good day with good numbers and total profit raised for Committee was £626.00. A special thanks to Chris Eyles, Julie Brooks and Margaret Vanstone for organizing the day. Also, thanks to Les Jewell for the Treasurer Hunt and Simon Schofield help with the raffle. Thank you to all who took part.
The bad run of away form continues for Trethorne Seniors team with losses to Lostwithiel and Borringdon, 1.5 to 6.5 and 2 to 4 respectively, However some consolation was found with a 6 to 0 win at home against Great Torrington.
Due to the cancellation of the May Eclectic, two were play in June, both were won by Graham Hodge with 37 points on both occasions, the runners up were Mel Alder and Mike Vanstone.
The winners of the ladies eclectics were Rosemary Cobb with 35 points and Barbara Saunders with 34 points.
Alick Venning won the men’s monthly medal with a net 71, the runner up was John Flux with a net 72.
The ladies medal was won by Heather Saxon with a net 87.
The first silverware competition the Brian Mc Auley Trophy
was played on 27 June. This competition is a medal format, however your handicap is added to the par for the course and you play as many holes as you can you can in your allotted number of strokes.
This competition produced a tied for first place between Graham Hodge and Lee Saxon.
- New honour boards are being made and are expected to be in place soon, the cost has been agreed to be shared between the Committee and Jon approx £350-£500, Jon paying his share from the annual levy when costs are finalised. After discussion between the Committee the boards will start from 2010.
- Martin Brooks stated that 14 teams entered the Committee day event on Sunday 30th June £626 profit was raised, thanks to Margaret, Julie and Chris for organising the event, Simon for selling the raffle tickets and Les for organising the treasure hunt. Next year the reception staff will be asked to inform visitors about members being on the course during the treasure hunt.
- The Committee after consulting the Club Constitution agreed unanimously to the appointment of Charlie Edmonds as Ladies vice Captain for 2014.
- Martin will speak to Martyn Scoble regarding the format for the Scoble challenge.
- Committee members were asked to actively encourage members to become the Handicap Sec.
Finished at 19.45hrs
Next meeting Monday 5th August 2013